Is my computer under spec?

luke lgrady at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 15:43:49 PST 2004

> I've managed to use PC133 ram in an older system with no problems,
> except I couldn't mix'n'match with the PC100 ram that was already in
> there as it caused some interesting instabilities.

pc133 will clock down with no instability if both chips are of decent
manufacture(kingston, micron, samsung) you can get into problems if
you're trying to run pc100 at 133 but even then if you use corsair or
mushkin, which are designed to be overclocked you can get by. i have
many systems that are thrown together running a mix of pc100, 133, and
even ecc 133 and they all run stable, although i'm not overclocking
any of the 100, just underclocking  the 133(and of course, not using
ecc)