External Hard drive

Jeremy Faulkner gldisater at gldis.ca
Mon Nov 1 13:27:20 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 17:15, Lloyd Hayes wrote:
> Yes, this drive works fine under windows XP. It has fat32 file system on it.
>
> When I had FBSD v5.2.1 on this computer several months ago and the
> system recognized it fine. But none of the Linux distros would recognize it.
>
> However, I realized last night that this installation of FBSD is not
> recognizing my 40 GB Buslink hard which all versions of UNIX has
> recognized, including FBSD when I had it on before. I use this drive all
> of the time. FBSD did recognize it during the installation process, but
> I hadn't looked at it since until last night. It also has a Fat32
> format. I'm beginning that SSH is the problem. I did not have it
> installed before.
>
> Lloyd Hayes

How could SSH possibly be the problem. If you had FreeBSD installed
before and it saw the drive, which is my understanding from your
previous email to the list, then you had SSH installed before because
ssh has been in the base install for quite a while.

You listed the symptoms of your problem and your interpretation of them,
could you now post your dmesg, fstab and rc.conf to the list so we can
actually help instead of just listen to you describe your problem?
--
Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater at gldis.ca>