Problem with 4 port Intel nic

Jamie Ostrowski jamie at gnulife.org
Mon Nov 1 12:47:04 PST 2004

    I'm having trouble getting a 4 port nic to work in a machine I'm
building. It is using the (4) dc driver and I've got miibus and dc options
enabled in my kernel configuration (I'm still running with GENERIC). This
is FreeBSD 4.10 REL p3.

    The machine comes up okay, and I can configure ports dc0 and dc1 on
the NIC, but when I try to configure ports dc2 or dc3 with an IP, the
machine locks up hard, and I can do nothing.

    It looks like it may be an IRQ conflict. Here is my dmesg output when
the kernel detects the card:

   http://www.gnulife.org/dmesg.txt

   It looks like ports 0 and 2 are both sharing irq 4 and 1 and 3 are
sharing irq7. Is there a problem with this? If so, any idea how I can get
around it? Thanks!

    - Jamie

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (80% of Full)