Highpoint RocketRaid 1820A -- anyone using one?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Nov 1 10:46:54 PST 2004

On Nov 1, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Emanuel Strobl wrote:

> Am Montag, 1. November 2004 19:13 schrieb Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC:
>> Hi
>>
>> Anyone using the Highpoint Technologies RocketRaid 1820A card?  The
>> website for Highpoint lists two different drivers -- a binary one and
>> an "OpenBuild" source one.  Is there an issue with integrating this
>> with the FreeBSD source tree?
>
> It's alread commited, even in -stable:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/hptmv/
>
> But I don't use one, I even haven't seen any PCI-X slot yet!

Thanks, did not see it listed in any HW list but did not check the CVS
stuff...  Thanks.

It does work in normal PCI slots as well though I do have a PCI-X slot
in my MB.

I may use this card as a raid but really want it as a SATA controller
that will fit in a 2U rack.  Most standard SATA cards don't fit in a 2U
space...

Thanks
Chad