Display size

Jason Mann jason-freebsdlists at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 1 05:47:54 PST 2004

On 01/11 15:13, Spidey Knepscheld wrote:
> I had a 14" monitor on my BSD box and now I have a 17" what can I do to
> make the resolution smaller so that I can see a complete line at once and
> not having to look at two lines?

If you are referring to text mode, and you have a modern video card with a
VESA 3.0 bios, you can probably load the VESA module and use 'vidcontrol' to
select a higher text mode.

Normal text mode is usually 80x25 chars. Other options include:

80x43
80x50
80x60
132x43
132x50
132x60

Note that you need to load additional console font files for these higher
modes. 'man vidcontrol' will tell you all you need to know.

Regards,

Jason