Don't know what else to do with DHCP...help??

Don kindredmnementh at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 14:52:03 PDT 2004

freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
--- hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com wrote:
> Aloha
> This sounds a whole lot like my DHCP problem. It was
> being
> discussed on this list earlier last week. I have
> attached my thread for your perusal.
>
> I have the same ethernet card as you. There is a
> workaround in the attachment that I am using (I also
> created a script to do it) but if someone comes up
> with a real fix it would be muck better.
>
> Read through my attachment and see if you think we
> have the same problem.
>
> Robert

Thanks for the help....I killed any open dhclients and
then did the netstart....it still wasn't working until
I took a peek at my rc.conf and deleted the hostname
line and made sure ifconfig_sk0="DHCP" and the appends
were deleted...I then rebooted and viola!!! it
works!!!!

HOWEVER lol I now can't seem to get into X....It
worked before I got my NIC working correctly and now
when I startx it gets to the dark grey sceen where the
pointer looks like an "X" and sits there. I'll play
around with it some when I get back from my folks
house but did you have that problem after you got your
NIC working?

Thanks again for ppinting me to your earlier
conversation. It was a tremendous help

Don