Don't know what else to do with DHCP...help??

Don kindredmnementh at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 03:09:06 PDT 2004

I have a slight problem with my shiny new copy of
FreeBSD....I can't seem to get connected to my
ISP....I have read everything I could fid in the FAQs
and manual but haven't managed to find a solution to
my dilema

When I went to install everything worked just fine...I
even installed over FTP...I chose my NIC and did
automatic DHCP configuration. It worked like a
charm... however my extacsy was to be shortlived..

when booting there is a long pause when the dhclient
starts....my guess is it is querying the server for
the dhcp info. however once it comes back up it shows
me as having BROADCAST of 255.255.255.255 and nothing
I have done has enabled me to fix it.

I am running FreeBSD 5.2.1 but have also tried this on
4.10 both with no avail. I don't know what to do. I am
somewhat new to freebsd (I can manage to get myself
around....cvsup, ports, kernel and the like....just
don't expect me to code...yet ;) )and what I don't how
to do I can generally look around till I find
something that shows me how to accomplish it but I am
at a loss here.

Thanks for any help in advance