ipfw, 2 scripts

Saint Aardvark the Carpeted aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Sat May 29 15:25:21 PDT 2004

Gregory Edigarov disturbed my sleep to write:
> bellow you will find 2 ipfw scripts, first one working, and second
> is a very good looking, but not working.
> what am I missing in the second script?

Hm...one thing missing in script 2 is something to allow traffic via
localhost.

Another difference I can see is that in script 2, you're denying
all from 10.0.0.0/8 to 195.5.17.86 -- in script one, it says deny
to tun0.  Is it possible this is denying all packets from the
10.100.105.0/24 network you mentioned?

That said, I'm guessing.  It'd help if you could tell me what
interfaces you have, their IP addresses, and what exactly is failing.

--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted
aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Because the plural of Anecdote is Myth.