Zyxel Prestige 630

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat May 29 02:11:59 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 01:41:08AM +0100, Jon Mercer wrote:
> Without double checking, the 630 is just an ADSL router running a
> connection to FreeBSD over ethernet. In short, so long as the ADSL
> parameters are configured on the 630 it should all work just fine.
>
> Hope this helps. I'm running a 600 series myself.

Not quite.  The Prestige 630 connects to the PC by USB.  The 640 and
higher models have a built in 10/100 Ethernet port, if not built in
ethernet switches or WiFi.

    http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1022046269&indexcate1=1021877946&indexFlagvalue=1021873638

Unfortunately I have no idea if the 630 will work with FreeBSD.  The
643 and 645 models work fine as ADSL routers connecting via Ethernet.
The firewalling capability on the 645 is not brilliant -- I think that
has been much improved in the 650 and above models.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way