mail daemon(s) recomendation request

Joseph Gleason dot at fireduck.com
Thu May 27 16:36:04 PDT 2004

I'm looking for an smtp daemon that is less complex than
sendmail, can use procmail and has some virtusertable
equivalent features.  Allowing relay based on mx is going to
be a requirement for some of the boxes as well.
Sendmail is working ok for me, but I'm intersted in finding
something with a config file I can actually read.

I'm going to check into postfix and maybe qmail.

I'm also looking for some imap and pop3 daemons (ideally
with ssl support) that can use maildir.

I'll probably continue to use dovecot for imap and pop3.

Anyone have any other suggestions?