Apache php mysql

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at ub.edu.bz
Thu May 27 15:09:04 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 03:28:31PM +0200, RazorOnFreeBSD wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd need some ressources to be sure how to install apache, php, mysql
> on my FreeBSD box.  This is the first time I do it, so I don't really
> know how to configure the thing.  I followed instructions from apache
> and php to install those but it's not really easy for me to understand
> how to install MySQL server from their website....  Apache and php
> installations seemed to worked out fine but I surely have files to
> configure now, but I don't know which ones...  It would be great if
> someone knows any ressource about all this setup online?  For
> information I have FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE, Apache 2.0.49, PHP 4.3.6, MySQL
> 4.0.20.
>
> Thanks.
> razor.

Installing MySQL should be as easy:

# cd /usr/ports/database/mysql40-server/
# make install

This should automatically install the mysql-client as a dependency.

There are lots of tutorials online about configuring Apache to work with
PHP.  Just do a few web searches for something like "apache php
configure", or "apache php setup", or even just "apache php".  Quickly,
you'll need to add some lines like these to you httpd.conf file:

LoadModule php4_module	libexec/apache/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

These lines may not be exact for your setup.  To test whether PHP is
working create a file in your webroot (probably /usr/local/www/data)
with only this in it:

<?php
	phpinfo();
?>

If PHP is working you'll get a pretty page back with a lot of
information about PHP.

Nathan