Errors with Freebsd 4.10

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Thu May 27 12:05:56 PDT 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 11:45 am, Dan Ferris wrote:
> Been habving problems making a new kernel with 4.10:
<snip>
> /usr/src/sys/modules/usb/../../dev/usb/ohci_pci.c:371: syntax error
> at end of input
> *** Error code 1
>
> This is the result of make when building the kernel with both GENERIC
> and my custom configuration.  It even occurs when I comment out USB
> in the config files.
>
> make buildworld doesn't work for me either.
>
> /usr.bin/binutils/gdb/kvm-fbsd.c
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb/kvm-fbsd.c:739: macro `SOLIB_ADD'
> used with too many (4) args
> mkdep: compile failed
> *** Error code 1

You aren't supposed to try a kernel if the buildworld doesn't work
because buildkernel depends on a current buildworld.

What version did you start out with. I just finished adding 4-10 to 5
machines and didn't have a problem. So, what did you do different.

You might try "make cleandir" twice in /usr/src and see if that helps.

> Hardware is a dual processor P3 at 450MHz with 1GB of RAM and a 40GB
> hard disk.  I don't know the exact make of the motherboard, but I'm
> pretty sure that it's an Intel.

Hardware at this point doesn't mean anything. You have something wrong
with your processing of source. For example, did you cvsup src-all and
do you have any WITH type of entries in your /etc/make.conf.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA