vinum primary master drive inconsistencies

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Thu May 27 10:17:15 PDT 2004

Hello,
I've got vinum running on 5.2.1 doing raid1 on two ide drives. I was doing a
installworld in single user mode when it crashed. I was unable to use any
commands because of missing libraries not installed. I unplugged the master
drive, therew in a spare drive as master then did a minimum 5.2.1 install on
that. Then mounted my slave drive on the tempoary master drive and copied
the libraries. Once that was done i unplugged the temp drive and let the
secondary master drive boot which it did, went in to single user mode and
completed the make installworld and mergemaster. Now my secondary master
drive has the correct data, the primary does not. When i boot i'm getting:
vinum: home.p0.s0 is stale by force
vinum: usr.p0.s0 is stale by force
I'm assuming this means it can't find ad0 which is because i haven't
reconnected it. My problem is both drives are bootable, but if i plug in the
primary master drive fbsd will boot off that and it won't work. I need to be
able to boot off the secondary master drive then copy the data from the
secondary master drive to the now inconsistent primary master drive, then
reboot and all should be normal.
Not sure how to go about this, any advice appreciated.
Dave.
PS, I love vinum!
the secondary