which kinds of AMD work withh FBSD?

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Wed May 26 08:05:54 PDT 2004

> 	On this server (i815), the video uses the system SDRAM and
> 	since I'm not a gamer whatever chip-set this has is adequate.
> 	Anyboy know what kind of on-board video comes with the
> 	AMD mobo's?  (Am I going to be pulling my hair trying to get
> 	it working? in other words.)
>
> 	gary

Intel chipset boards for pentiums almost always use an intel graphics
chipset.  On amd based boards, it varies greatly what you get.  I would
assume an nforce chipset with onboard would probably use a nvidia
chipsest.  Via and sis boards are bound to have different video
chipsets.  Short answer:  it depends on the motherboard.

I bought an asus board without onboard video for this reason and got a
lowend nvidia agp card to throw in since i knew it was supported by
nvidia's drivers.  (nforce 2 motherboard chipset)  That worked out
rather nicely.

One other thing to consider is online shopping.  My local computer
store has a barebones for $250 but i can build the same system using
newegg.com for $200 with better parts.  (i.e. asus board, name brand
ram, etc)  I saw a case on there for 25 bucks the other day.  Locally
the cheapest cases are 45 (both with power supply).  I'm sure there are
other sites too.

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)