Repeated connections to port 25 with firewall

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue May 25 17:04:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 12:10:16PM -0400, JJB wrote:
: The log-in-vain feature is an good thing to keep. In your case it is

Okay, I'll put it back, then.

: The other post about firewall rules has nothing to do with your
: problem. The poster just did not recognize the messages as coming
: from the log-in-vain feature. Your system generated email should be
: working fine just the way you have things.

Funny, but I'm not getting any messages sent to root.  I think I have
sendmail totally disabled.  What I WANT is for sendmail to run only for
system mail, and nothing else.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.