cvsup kills /etc/ipf.rules !?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Tue May 25 09:07:45 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 10:57 am, Yaraghchi, Stephan wrote:
> Hi fellows,
>
> I was running cvsup on a FBSD 4.9-RELEASE #5 box
> with the following supfile:
>
> *default host=cvsup6.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_9
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all
>
> when suddenly all ip connections broke down.
>
> Further investigation turned up that /etc/ipf.rules
> somehow disappeared.
> Since the default stance in the kernel file is set to
> deny all the box reacted as expected, though.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Stephan.

My guess - perhaps you missed running mergmaster? If I remember right, your
rc.conf should define the file to use for ipf/w

Perhaps rc.conf was overwritten? Is ipf.conf the default file name when
running ipf? If so, perhaps changing it to something like myipf.conf will
prevent any overwriting?

-
Best regards,
Chris