UsersFiles and Quota

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.org
Tue May 25 01:57:03 PDT 2004

Chris Collins wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Is there a way to list files on my system that belong to a certain user. I
> have quotas enabled and cannot find out where all the space is being used.

With quotas enabled this should be easy.  Use 'repquota' and sort the
list by allocated disk space:

   repquota -u /path/to/filesystem | sort -rn +2 -3

That's less taxing on the system than using 'find', and it also takes
into account files that a user might have deleted but still holds open
and therefore allocated.

    Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
gemini at geminix.org  |  http://www.escapebox.net