Creating ISO image question

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 09:47:23 PDT 2004

Hi Eddysan,

Tks for your advice.

I already solve my problem with following command
line;

$ mkisofs -R -o cdimage.raw -J -graft-points
-hide-rr-moved
/usr/home/user-A/Document-AAA/=/usr/home/user-A/Document-AAA/

But I like to learn an alternative.

> Try
>
> mkisofs -J -r -l -allow-lowercase -o outputfile.iso
> -V "CD Lavel" /dir

$ mkisofs -J -r -l -allow-lowercase -o cdimage.iso -V
"CD Lavel" /usr/home/user-A/Document-AAA/
mkisofs: Joliet tree sort failed.

cdimage could not be created.  Previously it did
happen occasionally on enabling -J flag.  Another time
it worked without problem with -J flag on.  I still
could not find out its cause.

Removing -J flag then it worked

$ mkisofs -r -l -allow-lowercase -o cdimage.iso -V "CD
Lavel" /usr/home/user-A/Document-AAA/

creating a cdimage.

However full path of directories still could not be
created.

B.R.
Stephen