2 questions

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sat May 22 15:48:57 PDT 2004

Osmany Guirola Cruz <osmany.guirola at cigb.edu.cu> writes:

> how can i know the amount of free RAM and SWAP

Why would you want RAM to be free?
try top(1).

> how can i configure my "anonymmos ftp" , things like bandwith or number ou
> users

"man ftpd" explains pretty much everything you need to know about
runnign anonymous FTP with the base system ftp daemon.  It isn't
capable of bandwidth shaping, although dummynet(4) is (in my opinion)
the best way to control that -- assuming you really need to, which
probably isn't the case, even if you think you do.

I don't think the stock ftpd can control number of users.