Install IPFILTER question

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Sat May 22 03:09:44 PDT 2004

well...

Stephen Liu wrote:

> options         IPFILTER                #ipfilter
> support
> options         IPFILTER_LOG            #ipfilter
> logging
> options         IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK  #block all
> packets by default
> options         PFIL_HOOKS              #required by
> IPFILTER

That seems like you have to enable this in the kernel config, recompile
it, and it should load.
The rest of the rules etc you need to write yourself.

> Kindly advise how to install IPFILTER and/or edit
> kernel option to enable it.

As we do always with your countless questions, see above.

Note, that i personally would love to see you grow a bit more into
FreeBSD. What do i mean with that?
Try yourself, and search on the internet, the mailinglist archives etc
to achieve your goal. You ask plenty of questions which most of them are
findable on the internet or perhaps even in the handbook and or faq.

The reason i say this is the amount of questions you provide, and the
"growth" level i personally see (nearly flat ...)
If you are able to search/find/tryout etc. You will understand FreeBSD
sooner, giving us more space since you are then able to reply to
questions yourself ;)

Cheers!