Printing with CUPS and gimp-print-cups: anyone with same errors?

Michal Pasternak michal at pasternak.w.lub.pl
Fri May 21 14:45:55 PDT 2004

Hello,

on my machine (config as in Subject:) printing with CUPS caused the command
"rastertoprinter" to eat up 100% of CPU after finishing all the pages from a
given task.

I've found the possible bug and posted it, with a fix, on CUPS site:

	http://www.cups.org/str.php?L723+P0+S-2+C0+I0+E0+Qfreebsd

Has any of you experienced similar problems? I'm interested in your
comments, because I'm still not exactly clear on where the bug is exactly
located:

  * the place I've pointed in bugreport

  * somewhere "earlier" (eg. when the socked mentioned in bugreport
    is being set up and it is set up in a wrong way)

  * not related with CUPS (FreeBSD fault? Don't think so, but that's still
    possible)

My system is 5.2.1-RC, printer is connected via LPT port. I

--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl :: http://winsrc.sf.net

"Frankly, any company would look bad if their corporate e-mail was available
for anyone to read," -- Jim Dose of Ritual Entertainment.