System Hang - Found word(s) list error remove XXX in the Text body.

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.nl
Fri May 21 14:34:09 PDT 2004

Nicholas Bernstein wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 00:06, Jorn Argelo wrote:
>

>>Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
>>

>:: snip ::
>

>>I wonder ... why do want to run CURRENT on a machine like that? It's the
>>bleeding edge source code, which is unstable most of the times. You
>>might want to consider running 4.9 on that machine, which is the
>>production release. You can try 5.2.1 as well, but it still falls under
>>the unstable branch.
>>
>>So in other words, post your error at the CURRENT mailing list, and
>>switch back to 4.9. I think you will solve many problems with that.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Jorn
>>

>Glad you pointed that out; I intended to be running release, as someone
>on irc stated that 5.2.1 did not have a stable branch as of yet I
>assumed that running release would be OK. I think it got converted to
>CURRENT when I did a cvsup to make everything up to date. By specifying
>'*default release-cvs tag-.' would that default to current?
>
>Thanks, I appreciate the advice,
>Nick

I believe it's set to 4.9 by default, but I'm not sure. Anyway, you
shouldn't do a downgrade with sources. 4.9 is very different when
comparing it with 5.2.1. Perhaps it's possible, but I wouldn't put too
high hopes in that. You should just download the 4.9 CD and reinstall
your machine completely to make sure your machine will be running smoothly.

Cheers,

Jorn