Proper way to shutdown a USB ethernet adapter?

LukeD at pobox.com LukeD at pobox.com
Fri May 21 11:43:34 PDT 2004

>> I'm running i386 5.2-CURRENT and using the axe driver to run a Netgear
>> FA120 USB ethernet adapter.
>> 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Tue May 18 16:11:06 PDT 2004
>>
>> The problem is that no matter what I try, every time I try to shut down
>> the system, if this device is plugged in, the system will panic with a
>> page fault when init terminates.
>
>Sorry, I can't answer your question.
>Just another question to you: is your USB chipset on the motherboard
>a "VIA 83C572" ?

The motherboard is a decrepit old American Megatrends Titan 3 PCI EISA
Pentium motherboard from the mid-90s that doesn't have native USB support.

I'm using a Belkin F5U219 PCI card to give me USB 2.0 support.  I've got a
USB mouse and a USB storage device, but I haven't gotten around to setting
those up yet.