gpg-agent problems...

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Thu May 20 10:24:31 PDT 2004

Hello list,

First off, please respond to me in a CC, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Secondly, I've set this up a few times now, and it's always just worked, but
this time I've got errors.  I'm trying to set up the pgp/MIME plugin.
Everything is working fine, except I never get the pinentry-qt window.  When
I try to run the test, listed on
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html, I get the following:

%echo "test" | gpg -ase -r 0x3290089C | gpg

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Eric F Crist <ecrist at adtechintegrated.com>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID 33114086, created 2004-01-06

gpg: problem with the agent - disabling agent use
Enter passphrase:

Never getting the window.  I can't find why there is a problem with the agent.
I don't see anything in the log files or anything, unless I'm looking in the
wrong place.  I'm running the following:

%uname -a
FreeBSD nomad.secure-computing.net 5.2.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p5
#1: Fri Apr 23 09:16:19 CDT 2004
root at nomad.secure-computing.net:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/NOMAD  i386

Kmail version: 1.6.1 using KDE 3.2.1.
gpg version: gnupg ver 1.2.4

Please help.

Thanks.

Eric F Crist
--
Illinois isn't exactly the land that God forgot -- it's more like the
land He's trying to ignore.