Realtek 8180

Yann Kiraly kiraly3 at msn.com
Tue May 18 08:29:02 PDT 2004

Hi! I have been using FreeBSD for quite some time on two different
computers. One of them, a laptop, I could plug into our Router directly.
After selling it and buying a desktop I am reliant on dual-booting Windows
and FreeBSD 5.2.1 because my Realtek 8180-based WLAN-NIC (pci) is not
supported by FreeBSD. I wanted to ask if a driver for this NIC is in the
works and, if not, what would be an alternative Wirelless NIC compatible
with FreeBSD.

With best regardes, Yann Kiraly.