cvsup ports questions

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue May 18 06:07:35 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:54:28PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:

> Recently I found that
>
> package openldap-client-2.0.27_1 was causing problems.
>
> The port 'net/openldap20-client' was removed on 2004-05-03 because:
>         "removed EOL version of OpenLDAP"
>
> Attempted removal was blocked by
>         gnome2-2.4.0
>         gnomemeeting-0.98.5
>
> Eventually I removed first gnome2-2.4.0, then gnomemeeting-0.98.5 after
> which openldap could be removed (even though /usr/ports/net/openldap20 was
> long gone).
>
> Now, however, I have to put these back by hand. This isn't too hard here,
> but what happens if the chain is longer. Is there an easier root with
> portupgrade?

Funnily enough I wrote a message to this very list on that subject not
3 days ago:

     http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-May/046744.html

Just substitute 'net/openldap20' for 'net/openldap21' in what I wrote.

> Another thing is, should I worry about duplicate index warnings?

No -- there's about 4 that always come up when I do a 'make index'.
It happens because there are several 'slave' ports which are being
confused with the master port by your setting variables in
/etc/make.conf or even by autodetecting certain shared libraries you
have installed.  It's mostly harmless.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way