mounting usb camera - no /dev/da* !!!

Jason Taylor jason at infinitebubble.com
Mon May 17 16:16:12 PDT 2004

I have a similar situation with a Cannon Powershot A40.  I can't mount
it, but gphoto is able to access it.  I had to modify a config file or
two in order for the ugen devices to be created writable by anyone other
than root.  Sorry, I don't have access to that box at the moment or I'd
offer something a bit more concrete.