digital video cameras?

Clint Gilders techservices at onlinehobbyist.com
Mon May 17 10:28:41 PDT 2004

Adrian Pircalabu wrote:
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 20:13:15 +0100
> Ben Paley <ben at spooty.net> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Anyone know anything about digital video cameras and freebsd? I've got
>>usb but no firewire. What might be a good choice? And what editing
>>software should I be looking at? Is there something in the ports that
>>people like?
>

> I'm using Minolta Dimage X on 5.2-RELEASE. It connects to
> USB, it is automatically detected and configured as da0, there is
> actually no need for any sort of plugin, I simply mount it using
> msdosfs.
> Besides, the pictures look damn well, the quality is astonishing.
> And yes, Gimp is the choice for editing.

You'll notice that the oringal poster says "digital video".  Everyone is
talking about flash cards, the Gimp, and DIGITAL STILL cameras etc.
Easy enough mistake to make.

I'm sorry I have no answers for you Ben.  I was following this thread
hoping there might be some.  I'm just starting to use a digital video
camera and wouldn't mind being able to edit video under FreeBSD.

Clint
--
Clint Gilders <techservices at onlinehobbyist.com>
Director of Technology Services