FreeBSD 4.7 Syslogs

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Sun May 16 09:00:29 PDT 2004

Replying to my own post.

I had tried kill -HUP xxx where xxx was the pid number of syslog
task
And still logger did not work

When an task is HUPed does that change the task number? Or is the
task just signaled to re-init it's self?

Rebooted system and logger works as documented now.
Have no idea why it was hosed, but working now and that is all that
matters.