Display installed port dependencies

Andy Smith andy at freebsdwiki.org
Fri May 14 18:44:25 PDT 2004

Hi,

Is there a simple way to display a list of all installed packages
that depend on another given installed package?

i.e. say I would like to know every installed package that depends
on gmake which I also have installed.  Is there any quick way to
display this?

I am aware of portsearch which will allow me to get a nice list of
every port that depends on another port, but as far as I can see
this only operates on the ports collection, not just the ones
installed as packages.

Thanks,
Andy

--
http://freebsdwiki.org/ - Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0xBF15490B

Q. How many mathematicians does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Only one - who gives it to six Californians, thereby reducing the problem to
   an earlier joke.