Apache 2 / PHP Installation

Derrick Ryalls freebsd at fbsdsolutions.com
Fri May 14 12:06:23 PDT 2004

> Hi all,
> I installed Apache 2 from the ports collection. Does apache2
> come with php support? Probably not, but not sure. I want to
> install php on the system. I'm not sure what port I need to
> install?? All the pre recks..
> are for 1.* versions of Apache. What's the deal?

I recommend lang/php4

When you install it should come up with a menu allowing you to choose your
options (GD support, CLI, etc).  After it is done, it will tell you what to
add to your httpd.conf file to get .php files working (apache restart
required).  To test, make a file like:

<?php
phpinfo()
?>

And call it test.php or something, then browse to it.  If you see that text,
php isn't yet loaded.