BUG REPORT ... FreeBSD 5.2.1 NO SHUTDOWN ...

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Thu May 13 13:50:41 PDT 2004

Heya

Langun wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Where would I submit this Bug Report to? ...
>
> FreeBSD 5.2.1 ... NO SHUTDWON on DELL DIMENSION 4600 PC ...
>
> Hello,
>
> FreeBSD 5.2.1 does not have the ability to shut down my computer even
> if I do a "shutdown -p now" ... I just get an "ACPI timed-out" message and
> power level drops to 'halted', only. The only way to turn off power is to
> pull out the AC plug. XP Pro, Red Hat EWS 3.0 and Mandrake 9.2 can all turn
> off the computer.

If that really is a problem you shoud use send-pr(1) to insert the bug!
(or check the freebsd website).
Btw; you can also push the powerbutton for 4 seconds and the machine
goes off as well (atx). perhaps your hardware is not supported yet.
What hardware do you have, what version of 5.2.1? etc!

> Please go here for details :)
> http://support.daemonnews.org/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=a4dd7b757da2883029763c639379ecd0

read above :)

> Thanks.