Cross building ports

Daniel Bye daniel.bye at psineteurope.com
Thu May 13 09:36:50 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Don't know if what I want to do is possible - but there's no harm in asking,
eh?

I have a central build server running FreeBSD-5.2.1 amd64, which is happily
building world/kernel for amd64 and i386.  In order to keep everything all
on the same machine, I would like to be able to build packages from ports
for both platforms.  Is this doable?

I have checked the mailing list archives, and nothing that seems relevant
came back.  Can't seem to figure it out from the docs, man pages, handbook
etc.  Any advice welcome, even if it's no more than "get another build
box"!

Thanks for your time,

Dan