Mail list - problems receiving

Luke Kearney lukek at meibin.net
Thu May 13 05:58:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:50:43 +0200
"Gareth Bailey" <blygar1 at webmail.co.za> granted us these pearls of wisdom:

> Thanks. Do i need to get my ISP to make this reverse entry?
>
> - Gareth
>
> On Thu, 13 May 2004 21:38:04 +0900
>  Luke Kearney <lukek at meibin.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:43:29 +0200
> > "Gareth Bailey" <blygar1 at webmail.co.za> granted us these
> > pearls of wisdom:
> >
> > > I am now using free webmail to post to the list, since
> > for
> > > some reason i cannot post to the list from my real
> > email
> > > address (freebsd at ubersoft.co.za), i can only receive
> > > mail messages. mailq has this to say:
> > >
> > > {D3EBF4E        3377 Sun May  9 16:31:31
> > >  freebsd at ubersoft.co.za
> > > (host mx1.freebsd.org[216.136.204.125] said: 450 Client
> > > host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [xxx.x.xx.xx]
> > (in
> > > reply to RCPT TO command))
> > >

>                                          freebsd-questions at freebsd.org}
> > >
> > > What should i do?
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > > Gareth
> >
> > fixing up your reverse dns will clear this up very
> > quickly
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > LukeK

who's your ISP? If your ISP is ubersoft then it is probably they who
would need to do this for you. If your the domain owner and you have
been assigned a range of IP's with your internet connectivity service
then likely you will have to do this yourself. Did you set up the DNS
for this domain? It may be that your provider simply hasn't delegated
the reverse zone to your name server for one reason or another.

#nslookup 196.31.69.30
Server:  localhost.meibin.net
Address:  127.0.0.1

*** localhost.meibin.net can't find 196.31.69.30: Non-existent host/domain

Sorry you will have to be a bit more specific with us about your setup.

HTH

LukeK

--
Luke Kearney <lukek at meibin.net>