Perl 5.8 upgrade

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Wed May 12 12:31:20 PDT 2004

I remember installing a package that said it required Perl 5.6 in the
past, but cannot remember which one. I am using this box mainly for
Postfix 2.0.16 and amavisd-new with SpamAssassin 2.63 and ClamAV 0.65. I
also have OpenLDAP 2.1.29, Heimdal 0.6, Cyrus-SASL 2.1.18 and Cyrus-IMAP
2.1.16 that I am testing some things out with. This is all on FreeBSD
5.2.1.

I want to install the rrdtool port, but I see it requires Perl 5.8. Does
anyone know if those ports listed above would require 5.6? And what
should be done to change my Perl from 5.6 to 5.8? Relating to Perl, I
have this in my /etc/make.conf now:

PERL_VER=5.6.1
PERL_VERSION=5.6.1
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

Should I just update the 5.6.1 to 5.8 and do the Perl 5.8 port install?

--
Robert