Out of curiousity: Who am I mailing to?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Wed May 12 08:31:57 PDT 2004

Hi,

> Sir,
>     I'm totally a beginner and I'm glad cause it seems
> to me that I always get response to every question
> that I send to freebsd mailing list. And not just one,
> but I always receive more than what I really
> need!(isn't it cool!)

Welcome to FreeBSD.

>     I'm just wondrin' who exactly am I mailing to? Are
> you all employees from FreeBSD Mailing Center? And
> those mails coming from other users like me that are
> being sent to my e-mail, can I reply to them if ever I
> know the answer and want to share my knowledge? That's
> all.

There is no such thing.  In fact there aren't any employees.
FreeBSD is written and maintained by volunteers (tho a few are
fortunate that their employers where-ever they work consider their
contribution to FreeBSD to be valid parts of their jobs).  Anyway
there is no central FreeBSD staff and the Email list is responded
to voluntarily by the subscribers, like yourself, who have subscribed
to the list to learn and contribute.

////jerry