pure-ftpd and dreamweavers files

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Wed May 12 07:02:55 PDT 2004

Noah wrote:

>PureFTPd - 1.0.18
>FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE
>

>I have been using PureFTPd fine for many months now.  But there is a user that
>is telling me that there are issues when uploading dreamweaver generated
>files.  This is new by me but I figured I would send it out to the list.
>
>It appears that there are HTML files he is placing in one subdirectory which
>receive file not found errors from Apache.
>
>Any clues what could be happening here.

Just to eliminate one possibility, I can confirm that Dreamweaver can
upload files to a FreeBSD/apache server successfully - I have clients
doing just that.

Can you confirm that the uploaded files are going to the right place?
Dreamweaver uses ftp to upload and needs to have the correct path
settings in the "Remote Site" bit of it's configuration thingy. With no
path info, files will just be deposited in the user's home directory.

After that, are the file permissions OK?

PWR.