Connecting to a headless system

Bruce Hunter bhunter at solisix.com
Tue May 11 16:01:33 PDT 2004

I have installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 using the headless install method. My
problem is this. I can't get the login prompt when connecting using cu
-l /dev/cuaa0, after the install /reboot. I did setup ssh, but I can't
connect using ssh and root. I did not setup another account, so I have
to get in and install an account. I did get single user up, but I have
limited commands and it won't allow me to adduser.??  When I boot up
under default, it just holds at the date and time. Please help? Or any
ideas of what I should be doing differently.

Bruce