FreeBSD ports

dvelez502 at verizon.net dvelez502 at verizon.net
Tue May 11 09:11:03 PDT 2004

Hi, I am running freeBSD 5.1.

I read the handbook on updating the ports system. The
updated ports were placed in the /home/ncvs/ports. I cd
to the /home/ncvs/ports/3ddesktop. I typed the usual
make install clean as root. I gotten this error message:

make: don't know how to make install. Stop

But, when I build from the default directory
/usr/ports/package-name it compiles and install
the package fine. The 33desktop is not in the
/usr/ports directory, but in the /home/ncvs/ports
directory. I want to install this package but I
get the error above. If you can help, I surely appreciate it.

Thanks