sound set up

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue May 11 06:13:09 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 01:47:26PM +0100, arden wrote:

> ive been using linux for some time and thought was time to try something
> new
> the install of 5.2 went without a prob but did not set up my sound card
> in linux would be able to probe the pci bus to get an id of the card
> with cat /proc/ pci but could not under bsd can you please point me in
> the right direction

    # pciconf -lv

or look at the dmesg output from when the system last booted up:

    % less /var/run/dmesg.boot

or if the sound card is supported by the pcm(4) driver:

    # cat /dev/sndstat

[although these last two are less useful if you don't have an
appropriate driver available in the kernel or the loadable kernel
modules for that particular sound card].

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way