Problems resolving sites in browsers under KDE

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Tue May 11 05:02:43 PDT 2004

         I tried your suggestion and so far so good.  I'm still seeing a
small amount of dns lookup stacking (IE if one request hasn't completed the
others are put on hold till it's done rather than doing parallel lookups)
that's stalling a few requests, but otherwise my browsing problem seems to
be solved overall.  I'd like to figure out how to drop my default dns
timeout from 30 seconds to something like 7-10 seconds.  Reason I'm
thinking that is because my network is fast enough that if I haven't gotten
an answer back within 7-10 seconds, I'm certainly not going to get one
within 30.  Now comes the fun of RTFM and figuring out if that's possible
under freebsd. :D