Changing the cpu and rebuilding the world

Szymek K. spiryt at browar.homelinux.org
Sun May 9 13:11:22 PDT 2004

I've got an old p200mmx box with 160MB of mem running FreeBSD 4.9, it's a
mail,web and mysql server just for my home lan. I've
recently got hold of an used but working AMD K6-2/333. Still using P200mmx
I've changed my make.conf march flags to k6-2 and then I'd built the world and
kernel, installed them and changed the cpu to k6-2/333. Now, system
runs stable but I am unable to complile anything. gcc gives a lot of errors
(sig11, core dumps etc). What did I do wrong ? Processor is not overclocked
and the memory was not a problem when running under P200MMX. Also It's not a
overheating issue, I've adapted modern Athlon cooler with a proper
thermal compound and I've  tested it by taring and bziping / a few times
.Any ideas anyone ?