Gettytab problems

Lefteris Tsintjelis lefty at ene.asda.gr
Sun May 9 12:27:02 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am using the 4.10-PRERELEASE and trying to set up a plain old serial
modem using getty but with no success. I get a "getty: modem init/answer
problem on /dev/ttydX" all the time.

:ac=RING\r ATA\r CONNECT:\
:ic="" ATE1Q0V1S0=0\r OK\r:

It seems the problem is the ac and ic entries even though a "man gettytab"
is referring to them. The "dc" (chat debug bit mask) doesn't seem to help
either. Setting the S0=1 (auto answer) works OK but is there a way to
wait for the "RING" (for indefinite time) and then issue the ATA? Has
anyone managed to use the ic/ac capabilities of gettytab and provide a
working sample?

Please CC

Thank you,
Lefteris Tsintjelis