Can't build openoffice-1.1 from port

Christian Hiris 4711 at chello.at
Fri May 7 19:23:30 PDT 2004

On Saturday 08 May 2004 00:24, Bill Moran wrote:
> Trying to install openoffice from ports tree cvsupped yesterday and
> failing. I don't want to install from a package, as I get an icky mess
> between gtk 1 (which the openoffice package wants) and gtk 2 (which the
> latest gnome wants)
>
> Suggestions?
>
> FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, when I try to build, it stops thusly:
>
> < ... >
>
>  > Build Tool Settings:
>  >    UNIXCOMMAND_PATH = /bin/
>  >    COMPILER_PATH = /usr/bin/
>  >    DEVTOOLS_PATH = /usr/local/bin/
>  >    USRBIN_PATH = /usr/bin/
>  >    MOTIF_DIR = /usr/X11R6
>  >    CC_VER = 2.95.4
>  >    ZIP_VER = 2.3
>  >    PATH =
>  > /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:
>  >/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
>  >
>  > Build Directives:
>  >    USE_ONLY_BOOTDIR_TOOLS =
>  >    USE_HOTSPOT_INTERPRETER_MODE =
>  >    PEDANTIC =
>  >    DEV_ONLY = YES
>  >    J2RE_ONLY =
>  >    NO_DOCS =
>  >    NO_IMAGES =
>  >    TOOLS_ONLY = true
>  >    INSANE =
>  >
>  > Build Platform Settings:
>  >    PLATFORM = bsd
>  >    ARCH = i586
>  >    LIBARCH = i386
>  >    ARCH_FAMILY = i586
>  >    ARCH_DATA_MODEL = 32
>  >    OS_VERSION = 4.9-RELEASE
>  >    TRUE_PLATFORM = FreeBSD (4.x STABLE way)
>  >    FREE_SPACE = 62703400
>  >
>  > GNU Make Settings:
>  >    MAKE = gmake
>  >    MAKE VERSION =
>  >    MAKECMDGOALS = sanity
>  >    MAKEFLAGS =
>  >    SHELL = /bin/sh
>  >
>  > Target Build Versions:
>  >    JDK_VERSION = 1.4.2
>  >    MILESTONE = p6
>  >    BUILD_NUMBER = wmoran_07_may_2004_11_53
>  >
>  > External File/Binary Locations:
>  >    HOTSPOT_SERVER_PATH =
>  > /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/hotspot-i586/server
>  > HOTSPOT_CLIENT_PATH =
>  > /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/hotspot-i586/client
>  > MOTIF_DIR = /usr/X11R6
>  >    CACERTS_FILE = ./../src/share/lib/security/cacerts
>  >
>  > WARNING: Your build environment has the variable DEV_ONLY
>  >          defined. This will result in a development-only
>  >          build of the J2SE workspace, lacking the documentation
>  >          build and installation bundles.
>  >   ERROR: Your JAVAWS_BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
>  >        to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
>  >        A Java 2 SDK 1.4 build must be bootstrapped using
>  >        J2SDK 1.4.0 fcs (or later).
> [...]

Something went wrong when building the jdk14 dependency. If there is no valid
jdk14 installed on your system, you need the linux-sun-jdk14 for
bootstrapping the build of jdk14.

Try to build jdk14 with the WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP knob set, which requires also
linux-emulation enabled and linprocfs mounted.

cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14
make WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP=yes

If this doesn't work install the linux-sun-jdk14 package manually and restart
the jdk14 build as described above.

regards
ch