Connecting to a Headless machine, after install

Bruce Hunter bhunter at solisix.com
Thu May 6 20:58:54 PDT 2004

I have setup a headless machine via a null modem cable. Instalation went
fine. The only problem now, is connecting to the machine after the
install. When I #cu -l /dev/cuaao/
I see the boot process, but it gets to the date prompt but doesn't show
the login:
i did install ssh, but won't let me login with the password I set for
root. Any other methods for connecting? This system is connected in my
local network, with a firewall protecting my systems.
- i am not running xserver on this system

Any comments welcomed. Thanks
Bruce