ntfs mount

Mark Ovens mark at ukug.uk.freebsd.org
Thu May 6 13:51:34 PDT 2004

J. W. Ballantine wrote:
> Seems our friends in redmond have done something strange with the
> fs type.  both w2k partitions on the disk show a type of 45

Hmm, it's not a brand-name PC that came with Windows pre-installed is
it? If so there may be a hidden "recovery/diagnostics" partition that is
confusing fdisk.

Do you have anything like OnTrack Disk Manager installed to get round
disk size limitations in the BIOS? Unlikely with a machine that runs
W2K, but I do know someone that installed in on a P-III machine when he
built it, using an old 6.5Gbyte disk, "because it came with the disk"?

Since you have 2 Windows partitions, you haven't installed any form of
multi-OS boot manager have you? You wouldn't need it with W2K but you
may have had if you had 2 different versions of Win9x on there once over?

Can you post the whole output of `fdisk ad0', it may just give someone a
clue?

> and both freebsd show 165.

Which is correct.

Regards,