dhcpd interface specification

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 19:35:02 PDT 2004

twig les wrote:
> Hey all, I'm missing something small here.  I set up isc's
dhcp
> server to listen on one interface and it listens on both.
>

>I do exactly this by adding to /etc/rc.conf:

   dhcpd_enable="YES"
   dhcpd_flags="rl1"

>and that works fine. When I do "ps auwx | grep dhcpd", I get:

   root 213 [...] /usr/local/sbin/dhcpd rl1 -cf
>/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf

>Rob.

Yes I get that output from ps also, but the question is what do
you get from netstat -an?  I tried your syntax, got the same
output as you in ps, but netstat still shows the daemon
listening on *.67.  Not kosher.

=====
With a few exceptions, secrecy is deeply incompatible with
democracy and with science.
     --Carl Sagan