Where is nss_files.so.1?

Kevin A. Pieckiel pieckiel+freebsd-questions at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue May 4 11:27:29 PDT 2004

I'm trying to configure Samba 3.0.3 and I keep getting an error in my
logs:

Shared object "nss_files.so.1" not found

I only get this when I try to set up the recycle vfs object.  The file
is definitely not present on my system.  I did a search through the
ports tree, and only came up with the file appearing in chinese/cle_base
and emulators/linux_base-debian.  Where the heck to I get a hold of
this file?  I would have thought this would have been included with the
inclusion of the nsswitch subsystem in FBSD 5.  I'm currently using
FBSD 5.2.1, cvs'ed and compiled today (4 May 2004).

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.