Using FreeBSD disconnected on a notebook

Stephen Moriarty stephen_moriarty at avid.com
Mon May 3 13:04:56 PDT 2004

I'm trying to configure FreeBSD on my notebook such that when it's
docked at the office, I'm able to take advantage of networked resources
- NIS, amd, NFS. When I'm away, I want to selectively, and preferably
automatically, take advantage of the more limited network resources,
which usually includes none of the previous examples. Surely, someone
else has already solved this. The only reference I found were relative
to email.

At this point, my thought is to disable the above network services
until after I've logged in, but this precludes the use of NIS to login.
I would have to always login to a local account.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.