find symbols in loadable kernel module

elmar gerdes elmar at engel-kg.com
Mon May 3 12:40:09 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for a mechanism that allows one loadable kernel module to
	find the symbols of another module,
i.e. find a function 'foo' by its name and get the address of it,
so I can call it.

I've stumbled across kernel objects which should allow me to do this
using kobj_lookup_method(), but I haven't found a call to this function
anywhere except where it's defined.

kernel objects are used for parallel port drivers and sound drivers which
use some kind of bus architecture with calls like BUS_ADD_CHILD() et.al.?
do I also have to use/implement such a bus architecture just to find some
functions by their names?

Is there a simpler method to just find the functions, or is there some
more information on kernel objects (tutorial, simple example ...)?

Any help is welcome.  Thanx.

	elmar